Thursday 29 November 2007

Rhydian: Somebody to Love/I vow to Thee My Country

Week 7 and things are getting serious. Two songs to sing each and Rhydian has been given a couple of corkers. Q****'s Somebody To Love Me and the hymn I Vow To Thee My Country. It's like given a psychotic a loaded gun. There is going to be mayhem in the X Factor studio as Rhydian wipes out the opposition. This is the week where the others give up hope, literally.
When I first saw that Rhydian was singing Somebody To Love Me I immediately assumed it was the 1960s Jefferson Airplane song. Thinking they had changed the theme to Hippy Week I quickly scanned down the list desperately hoping for Niki to be singing a Janis Joplin song, Leon some Jimmy Hendrix. Then I realised it was the eXecrable Q****'s 1976 piece. Damn! Still, it will highlight the Rhydman's vocal perfectly and the hymn will be sublime. Get your hankies ready Danniiii.
___________________________________________
There are lots of interesting covers of Somebody... and it appears to have a good deal of history being used in reality pop shows.
MP3s~
Anne Hathaway Absolutely charming version from the film Ella Enchanted. No histrionics just performed with a lightness of touch and humour. The best!
Elliot Yamin From American Idol 5. He's a shouter. God, can he shout. And by the look of him the only way that anybody will be able to 'find him somebody to love' is if he's paying for it.
Ben Mills When critics criticise this years competition as being weak(except for Rhyd) they may have a point. Accapella version. Surprisingly good. Extra bonus points for not featuring Brian May's guitar
Tarisai Vushe from Aussie Idol 2007 - worth listening to for the introduction, "from Q****'s ridiculously pompous album..." but for nothing else
George Michael Very close to Freddie Mercury's vocals, sung with Q***n, oh dear.
Brittany Murphy from Happy Feet. Too showy by half
My computer refused to load the G4 version on the grounds of taste
video: Anne Hathaway:Somebody To Love Me

Labels: , , , ,

the RHYDIAN RESOURCE12:02


4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mr B I dont get the photo of the elf. Is that Rhyd.

29 November 2007 at 15:15  
Blogger X Factor Insider said...

I'll write it for you on Saturday if you like mate. I'm Furry Monkey on DS. :D

29 November 2007 at 15:24  
Blogger Sheesh Kabeesh said...

anonymous...I just get bored using pictures of Rhydian all the time so I like to post lookalikes / near a likes

29 November 2007 at 15:39  
Blogger Sheesh Kabeesh said...

Furry Monkey - the job is yours

29 November 2007 at 15:44  

Post a Comment

<< click here for the RHYDIAN factor home page >>