Saturday 17 November 2007

Rhydian:Week 5 Rhydian sings Go West

On a slightly depressing note this wasn't the Rhydler's best performance. And it's difficult to put a finger on why. Listening back to the MP3 his vocals are spot on, perfectly in tune with a great climax at the end. And he looked like perfection. Maybe it is down to the song selection? There are some sublime disco songs out there and I feel that if he is going to do a camp disco song he should have gone for it more...a lot more choreography, a lot more strutting, he needed to really go over the top with that particular song. I got the feeling that Rhydian himself didn't really believe in what he was doing. And when it comes down to it maybe this is what we need to make the competition more interesting - to see a close race with Rhydian winning the nations hearts in the final against Same Difference who when they lose break down into a massive fit of depression.
If I am proved wrong and on Monday morning the Royal Navy report a large increase in applications to join them then I will take my comments back.
Judges comments:

Louis:As camp as Xmas. High camp
Simon:I don't feel I'm on the same show anymore
Danniii:We salute you Rhydian
Sharon:I love extremely camp

MP3~
Rhydian:Go West


X FACTOR TICKETS on E Bay, CD WOW ,Apple I Phone, free delivery

Labels: , , , ,

the RHYDIAN RESOURCE14:02


3 Comments:

Blogger Lou said...

I'm in total agreement Montegue, I didn't like it either. I felt, like yourself, that he didn't believe in it and that's why it didn't work. Not so much that he didn't believe in it - he had a wry smile throughout that said he found it funny, but it was just obviously not a song he felt passionate about. Part of the joy of listening to him is that he emotes - there was nothing to emote in this song and I think that's part of why it didn't suit him. Also, the outfit was ill fitting and didn't make the most of his physique.

On a plus note, it was nice to see him look slightly less confident, it really made me feel for him - and I think that will win sympathy in the battle against the 'panto villain' stereotype. I also fell about laughing at the little gun to the head thing - nice to see his sense of humour.

To sum up, silly Danniiii, should have let the man have more input into his song choice. I still voted for him twice though :)

17 November 2007 at 20:44  
Blogger Lou said...

Don't know about you, but I'm still feeling waves of relief, he really looked worried the poor thing. I wonder whats the theme for next week?

17 November 2007 at 22:34  
Blogger Sheesh Kabeesh said...

He did look very worried. I agree with your previous comments about song choice. Maybe if they let contestants choose their own songs it would add more competitive edge to the program. Certainly Dannii didn't do him any favours this week.

17 November 2007 at 22:46  

Post a Comment

<< click here for the RHYDIAN factor home page >>