Wednesday 5 December 2007

Rhydian:to sing Bridge Over Troubled Water /Never Walk Alone?

If rumours are to be believed then Rhydian will sing Bridge Over Troubled Water and You'll Never Walk Alone this Saturday. Already I can feel myself going into Daily Mail mode: Why Oh Why Oh Why....
You've got the most charismatic performer that's ever appeared on the show, he's got personality, a strong baritone voice, does great falsetto. He can move while he sings. He looks fabulous, especially glammed up. He needs to be fed show tunes, opera, a Bond theme or two, a Scott Walker tour de force- anything with a bit of substance. And they give him hymns (because that's what these two songs are) to sing. I have nothing against hymns, but we want a little excitement.
Maybe the rumours are wrong or I am dreaming this. Even worse maybe it's a double theme night on Saturday: Simon and Garfunkel with Songs Associated with football clubs.

If it is Simon & Garfunkel night then I have the perfect selections for the other three:-
Niki: I Am A Rock
Same Difference: He Was My Brother

Leon: For Emily, Wherever I May Find Her
__________________________________________
And for his football song Leon could sing a modified version of the West Ham song: I'm Forever Blowing (Michael) Buble

video~ S&G:For Emily, Wherever I May Find Her

Labels: , , ,

the RHYDIAN RESOURCE21:20


2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

She is clearly unfit as a mentor.

Love your blog, Rhydian to win despite the "dannii" factor.

6 December 2007 at 08:55  
Blogger Sheesh Kabeesh said...

Agreed. What annoys me most about the show is not the pantomime villain panel or even a Leon's piss poor singing. I quite enjoy that. It's the fact it could be so much better, especially for Rhydan watching, if they were given some interesting songs to sing rather than the hackneyed rubbish they get. It seems a shame that, IMO, his best performances were earlier on. It may not have really suited his voice and singing style by Get the Party Started was phenomenal to watch, as was Phantom. It's disheartening if we are going to descend to dreary ballads or mid-Atlantic warbling. As I've previously posted, get him singing Thunderball, Ne Me Quitte Pas, Hey Big Spender...fill in your own choices. Something with a little depth, or something that is at least fun to listen to. Do we really need another version of Bridge Over Troubled Water?
Rhydian to win, as you say, by a mile.

6 December 2007 at 10:12  

Post a Comment

<< click here for the RHYDIAN factor home page >>